In addition to the ways described in the ‘Information we collect’ section, Eaton may collect personal data from a variety of sources that generally fall into these categories:
- Publicly available data / Data from third parties: Data from automated interactions on non-Eaton websites, or other data you may have made publicly available, such as social media posts, or data provided by third party sources, such as marketing opt-in lists or data aggregators.
- Automated interactions: From the use of technologies such as electronic communication protocols, cookies, embedded URLs or pixels, or widgets, buttons and tools.
- Electronic communications protocols: Eaton may automatically receive information from you as part of the communication connection itself, which consists of network routing information (where you came from), equipment information (browser type or device type), your IP address (which may identify your general geographic location or company) and date and time.
- Eaton may also automatically receive and record information about your interaction with the Information Channels, such as clickstream information (when each Eaton webpage was visited and how much time was spent on the page), how often you access the Information Channel, performance data, aggregate usage or general geo-location data.
- Like many companies, Eaton uses “cookies” and other similar tracking technology (collectively "Cookies"). Eaton's server will query your browser to see if there are Cookies previously set by our electronic Information Channels.
For more information on the cookies we use, click here.